Exhibition dates 4th June – 30th July 2021
This exciting exhibition spans across 2 galleries and showcases the wonderful talent we have in Central Queensland. The exhibition is part of CQRASN’s Shine Bright Festival that celebrates and spotlights artists from 14 diverse regions.
Theme: Shine Bright
20 May 2021 Extended to 5pm Saturday 22 May
Exhibition: 4th June – 30th July,
The Art Gallery Biloela Hospital & The Art Gallery Gladstone Hospital.
Curated by: Katrina Elliott
Who can enter? : Photographers must reside in one of the following regions Banana, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Central Highlands, Cherbourg, Fraser Coast, Livingstone, Isaac, North Burnett, Rockhampton, South Burnett, Mackay, Woorabinda and Whitsundays. Open to all ages. Both Amateur and Professional Photographers are invited.
What is the Theme? The theme “Shine Bright” is the photographers interpretation of what Shine Bright means to them. Person, place or thing the subject is open for the Photographers interpretation. The Photograph must have been taken in 2020 -2021.
Where will the photographs be displayed? The exhibition is both online and in the Hospital galleries. All Photographs deemed appropriate will be displayed online then the curator will choose the collection of photographs to be printed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- One entry per photographer is permitted.
- It must be your own work and have been taken in 2020-2021.
- Entry – digital files are to be uploaded (min 1mb – max 5mb) Photographs will be printed A2 and 8×12” Please reframe from cropping images square or panoramic.
- Digital manipulation is to be kept to a minimum. (logos are not permitted on Photographs) Labels will accompany each print.
- Written permissions are required for people that are recognisable in the photograph. Download Release Form.
- Entrants must reside in one of the following regions Banana, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Central Highlands, Cherbourg, Fraser Coast, Livingstone, Isaac, North Burnett, Rockhampton, South Burnett, Mackay, Woorabinda and Whitsundays..
- If the photographer is under 18year a parent or Guardian must submit the entry.
- Entries Close 5 pm 20th May 2021.
- As the Works are being presented in a public foyer area of a public hospital and online, please be aware that explicit language or imagery that contains references to nudity, drugs or alcohol will not be permitted. Artworks must be appropriate for viewing by people of all ages, cultural backgrounds and religions.
- The Art Gallery is entitled to exclude or remove photographs from the exhibition where any applicant has submitted false information or who does not comply with all terms and conditions.